Thursday, April 14, 2011

Future star of the Cavs?! Next big thing for the Browns?!?! Probably not.

Quick tidbit of the day: Peyton Hillis is supposedly leading Aaron Rodgers in the Madden Cover Voting.

With the NFL draft just two weeks away now, the speculation is building as to who the Browns will select with the 6th pick in the draft. Just listing to local radio shows tells me that the Browns are leaning towards selecting a wide receiver, either A.J. Green out of Georgia or Julio Jones from Alabama. Didn't get to see much of either play but i'd chose Jones purely based on the great football name. I think offense is the way to go for the Browns. Their D was solid last year and with the other picks they have I'm sure they'll pick up a linebacker or defensive end. With second year QB Colt McCoy leading the way he'll need a quality go to guy to throw to. Either way having the 6th pick we'll help us get some much needed talent.

On to the Cavs. I was thinking yesterday that it doesn't really matter to me what pick the Cavs get or even who they get. I've seen too little of Kyrie Irving to know what his full potential is but he seems explosive. Personally I think he is more explosive and stronger than John Wall, but at the same time is not that great a shooter. I'd like to see the Cavs pick up someone like a Derrick Williams type player. Not necessarily Williams though. Harrison Barnes would be my pick over Williams, but I don't really like any of the players in the draft this year which is why i don't particularly care. There is not a Lebron James or Derrick Rose or a Blake Griffin caliber player in this draft and really I don't think any of the players would make an immediate impact for the Cavs. Alot of fans from Ohio would like to see Jared Sullinger but I honestly thought he was overrated and too small and too slow to be a major threat at the higher level.

Now some baseball? Sure!! Today I got my first chance to get outside and play some catch!! It was not a baseball however (sad). In preparation for the upcoming church league softball season my girlfriend and I threw around a softball for about 20-25 minutes. It was fun, and funny. The lady friend was a little rusty but i think she has some real potential. A dark horse perhaps on my team? A man can dream can't he. It was hopefully the first of many opportunities I will get to bond with my girl on a nice day throwing around the baseba...softball.

Indians had a much needed off day today. Hopefully they used it wisely and decided to get their heads straight for this home-stand against the Orioles. First dollar dog night of the season and with our recent winning ways i hope The Prog can pull in some fans and at least make it look like we care about our team (even if it's only to eat some delicious sugardale hotdogs!). After losing back to back games against the Angels; hopefully the Tribe and pull it together and get on another winning tear.

Well that's all for tonight. I probably won't post anything again until late tomorrow so be sure to check back then. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter if you haven't already done so and I'll try and see if I can make the comments available to anyone and not just members. Would really like to see some feedback and not have to force people to make an account. That's asking for too much.

Peace.

No comments: